- If you haven't already, download the Arduino IDE and install (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software).
- The github repository for my code can be found here. Check it out into your Arduino working directory (i.e., git clone https://github.com/ScratchesTheItch/ScoreboardArduinoCode.git).
- Fire up the Arduino IDE, open the GC_Scoreboard sketch file.
- Upload the sketch to the Arduino.
- Once loaded, select the Serial Monitor to begin interacting with the scoreboard. (I'd suggest starting with a "help" command to get the compact usage statement or "test" to see what the scoreboard can do).
If you're playing with the code at this point, I'll admit that the help statement is a bit terse. Due to an issue that I was never able to resolve, the full help message is too long to be output via serial. As a result, I commented out most of the explanation for the commands in the compiled code -- if you want to read the full text, scroll down to line 54 in the sketch file.